4DFLap™ is both a rigid and a ﬂexible and bendable disposable applicator with memory effect for the manual administration of the medical device 4DryField® PH by medical or healthcare professionals:
- When surgical procedures or control of bleeding from arterioles, capillaries or veins by conventional means is ineffective or impracticable
- When the formation of postoperative adhesions is to be prevented after surgical procedures in cavities with mesothelial (or mesothelial-like) lining
4DFLap™ consists of three elements:
- Ergonomically shaped handpiece with connection opening for 4DryField®PH bellows bottle
- Flexible inner hose with memory effect, available either in 38 cm or 14 cm length
- Rigid outer hose, either in 33 cm or 9 cm length
The ergonomically shaped handpiece allows three different grip positions due to its unique, scissor-like design. In addition, the PlantTec Medical GmbH logo embossed in relief ensures a firm grip. The attachment point for the bellows applicator of 4DryField® PH can be easily held closed with a finger to prevent a pressure drop in the abdomen, e.g. when changing the blue bellows bottle.
The ﬂexible inner hose is dimensionally stable, but can be bent at will. Its memory effect allows the hose to be bent even before it is inserted into the trocar. Its inner diameter is ideally suited for the administration of the 4DryField® PH powder. It can be used both together with the rigid outer tube for precise guidance and without it for maximum flexibility.
The rigid outer hose allows very precise positioning of the ﬂexible inner tube. It is also ideal for the application of sterile isotonic saline to transform 4DryField® PH powder into gel for adhesion prevention.
4DFLap™ can be used in all areas of endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery where direct administration of 4DryField® PH with the blue bellows bottle is difficult. The outer diameter of the outer hose of 4DFLap™ fits in 5 mm trocars.